View Single Post
Old 02-20-2009, 08:26 PM
VickiM

My resolutions are off to a good start! 1. Use up alot of my scraps! I have 15 years worth!!! :roll: 2. Drop those feed dogs and learn free motion. I have only stitched in the ditch till now. Also, teaching my 12 year old granddaughter to quilt (she's on her 3rd quilt and working on a 4th) and I need to get good at this to teach her. So, this is how I'm doing it...I've cut out and made kits I put in bags with it's pattern...I've cut out 60+ kits (all scrap quilts that will be anywhere from 40"x40" to 58"x78"--everyone of them have a different pattern and no two alike). I am a crafter and do only one-of-a-kind things. Grab one when I feel like it in-between keeping the craft booth things made up. Anyway, some will be donation quilts, some I will sell, and I might even keep a few...all will be practice for the free motion so I can get good. I have stencils I can trace with disappearing pen and use to follow. I use stencils that are really for painting projects...they work well. I will even trace from a simple coloring book, that works too. I also have a couple quilting stencils. I have found an actual stipple paper you use on the quilt and I also made a master copy of it on templar plastic, and can trace it out on tissue paper and attach to quilt...works well for this chicken-hearted quilter! :lol:
I have done 3 D9P, which I will post below. I did them with 5" squares I cut from scrap stash...the backs I do with 10" squares to sorta coordinate with the front...you only need 1/2 as many squares. Sorry so long winded. Here goes trying to post, hope it works.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-32559.jpe   attachment-51688.jpe