Thread: cutting fabric
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2007, 08:33 PM
blahel

Location: other side of the black stump, Perth Western Australia

soooooo... I am not the only one having problems with my ruler slipping...I thought it was just my skills slipping!!hehehhe and being new to quilting my last little wallhanging took me...drum roll... 3 months to make! :roll: I would start by getting my fabric ready which took ages, lining up my ruler to get it perfectly straight which took ages and starting to cut and then it would slip then i would have to start the process all over again, it was so exhausting and time consuming that i would never get much done each time, hence why it took so long to make, but hey i can only improve :!:
I dont have a sewing room either i just share the office space with my husband and my lovely Bernina has to sit on an old school desk which wobbles and when i sew everything slides of the side and i am forever looking for my unpickers etc.. but am hoping that i have been good enough for Santa to bring me a horn quilters sewing cabinet..and oneday when one of the kids moves out i could even have my own sewing area or if my carpenter husband builds me a sewing room if the kids decide to stay home but better not be greedy and ask for too much at once...