Thread: Pajama Days
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2011, 02:56 AM
Rose L

My pajama days are over now. DD2 had friends in and out all day doing hair and helping everyone get ready for the first prom of the season. Fun and exciting but I didn't get much sewing done AND I had to get dressed in real clothes! Ha!!

I ran out of fabrics too so I had to stop. I was afraid I wouldn't have enough and I was right. (I bought a 1x shirt because I normally wear a LG and I started with 2 yds. of fabric. It's going to take a little more than three yards total by the time I get the binding on it.) I'll have to wait until Monday now to get anymore fabric. Much of what I was using was from fat quarters that I've picked up all over the country so I won't be able to replace most of those. Plan B is to use a single batik on the sleeves, three of them I know I can get more of so it should work out okay. I also think I'm going to put some darts in the jacket to pull it in at the waist a little bit and get a more fitted look from it. This quick little jacket is taking far longer than I planned on but it is turning out really nice. Even my DD2 loves it and I thought for sure that she would not.

Thanks for joining me in my weekend adventure everyone! It was nice to have some company even though I was home alone. I'll make a new post when I get the jacket done next week.

Rose L