View Single Post
Old 03-27-2011, 03:04 AM
kaykwilts

Originally Posted by lclang
Google "free quilt patterns", "free table runner patterns" or whatever you want to make and you will find lots of patterns that won't cost anything. I have dropped most of my subscriptions because they are expensive and there is so much advertising and the patterns are kind of blah.
ok....forgive me here....but I just love laying in bed at night (or sometimes very early in the morning) and reading a quilt magazine...call me old fashion, but I love the feel of paper in my hand, love the thought that I can read the same magazine over and over, love the thought of staring at all those patterns and dreaming away, with the comfort of my pillow under my head. Oh my, if I am really being honest here, I have a collection of the old Quilt magazines (pre 2000) that I have re-read many, many times. Quilt, the old version when Jean Eitel was editor, was my all time favorite and I miss this publication the way it was then.

of course, my hubby and I still own an extensive library of good ol' fashioned books.....and we read them all the time, too....doubt I will ever be able to give up the wonderful feel of paper in my hand for the cold surface of a computer keyboard or iPad surface ;-)