View Single Post
Old 03-27-2011, 04:16 AM
jillaine

(I would have sent this via PM, but PM doesn't support file attachments... and I don't know if fixfido reads the classifieds/trades board; besides, perhaps others have this as well?)

Fixfido,

I couldn't help but notice in your stash a fabric I'm seeking!! (Who else did?)

I'm trying to finish a UFO; the top is finished (I think; I may add a border or two); I'm seeking backing; I recently purchased something from fabric.com but it's too thin for a backing and the colors aren't quite right.

I've attached a snapshot of one of your shelves, highlighting the fabric I noticed that looks like one of the rose prints I'm using. I also attach a shot of the floral fabrics I'm using (see far left; is that the same as what you have?) and the quilt I'm trying to finish.

Some here will recognize it as the "lone star gone wrong" that has been discussed elsewhere.

I am considering a pieced back (but not yet sure what I want to do). This is a gift that was supposed to have been given years ago. I started it 3-4 years ago; I set it aside when I realized I had a problem; gal288 helped me fix it.

Anyway, what do you think? Can I help you thin your collection and you help me finish this "lone-star gone wrong and gone-on-too-long" quilt?

-- Jillaine

Fixfido's stash that may contain "my" sought roses
[ATTACH=CONFIG]175644[/ATTACH]

Jillaine's Roses
[ATTACH=CONFIG]175645[/ATTACH]

The "fixed" Lonestar seeking backing fabric
[ATTACH=CONFIG]175646[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-175638.jpe   attachment-175639.jpe   attachment-175640.jpe