View Single Post
Old 03-27-2011, 05:38 AM
Zoe

What would the world be without the quilt police, ever ready to criticize rather than to educate or to help? As I've written before, our quilt group had one of these know-it-alls, an elderly woman who, in fact, was a wonderful quilter at one time. As she aged, her skills began to fade, but you could almost guarantee that she would blurt out some hurtful comment whenever one of us would show our quilts such as: "someone needs to teach this lady that babies do not like bold colors". The lady displaying the quilt (happened to be me) bit her tongue but oh how I wanted to say back: now you've insulted two of us. I made the quilt but the colors were chosen by the lady who wanted me to make the quilt.

Another time one of our elderly quilters displayed her quilt with such pride until that is our police lady said in a loud voice "one of your squares is in backwards". I was helping hold the quilt and I reached over to give this lady a hug to comfort her. Thankfully, she said "Oh, I don't pay any attention to that old crone"!

Whatcha' gonna do? Here's what, let the criticisms roll off your back, smile sweetly, and give thanks that you only have to deal with this curmudgeon for a few hours. Pity her poor family. :roll: