View Single Post
Old 03-27-2011, 06:18 AM
Lacelady
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sandpat
Oh gosh...both of you have done lovely blocks! I'm going to tackle this baby today...its a hard one to pick the fabs for. I'll drag the whole sack into the den and let DH help..he loves that part!

Thanks for all the details Lesley. I'm thinking that on the little teeny scrolls (my block is 7") that I'll have to clip a little bit. I think I can overlap several of the pieces though and get a nice point.
Here are some pics of a scroll I did - it wasn't for this block, but the principle is the same. Hope they help.

This is for a scroll on Block 20, but as I said, the principle is the same. Take the pattern and put it on the fabric to draw round
[ATTACH=CONFIG]175641[/ATTACH]

Sewing commenced
[ATTACH=CONFIG]175675[/ATTACH]

I know you will have your scroll already drawn on the background. I don't usually draw the scroll on scroll fabric when stitching in this direction, but when the scroll goes in the opposite direction I do draw round the pattern to help know where to snip into that tight point
[ATTACH=CONFIG]175678[/ATTACH]

The tail end of this one has another piece stitched over it, so it doesn't need to be stitched under
[ATTACH=CONFIG]175682[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-175635.jpe   attachment-175669.jpe   attachment-175672.jpe   attachment-175673.jpe   attachment-175674.jpe  

attachment-175675.jpe   attachment-175676.jpe