Old 03-27-2011, 07:10 AM
BKrenning

Originally Posted by libber
Sorry, I was in Joann's earlier this week. I did not see one bolt of fabric that said quality to me. When I asked the clerk if they had a section on 1930's reproduction fabrics she looked at me as if, wondering what in the world I was referring to. I mentioned 2 or 3 fabric designers, the same look came on her face. Scissors, thread, notions, yes, there are some good buys. I want the quilt work that I do to last 100 years, thanks to quality fabrics.
I saw April Cornell & Debbie Mumm designs as well as some others I'm not as familiar with. The flannel I bought on accident--it was supposed to be in the nursery prints & panels which were only $1 off instead of the Snuggle where i found it--is very nice quality. Their quilter's flannel is also the thick kind and they now have the "premium" calicos but those might be limited to shelf space and I was in a Super Joann's. If my tiny little local one carries those at all, it would only be a couple bolts.

I'm not going to be around in 100 years so I only need mine to last for 50 and I need to make a bunch in the next 50 years without having to eat nothing but beans and mac & cheese for those 50 years--LOL.