View Single Post
Old 03-27-2011, 08:03 AM
heyjami

GORGEOUS! I love the amazing colors - soooo pretty. Thanks for sharing and posting pics! I can't get enough of these pictures!

Monetary value, collection value, functional value... all very important. I think that covering yourself with the lovingly handmade item from a cherished relative is the most value you can obtain from these wonderful pieces of functional art! I think most of us are making quilts with the idea that our homemade love will bring happiness to the receivers.

I also collect vintage and antique sewing machines and one of the first things I do is to sew something with them. They must work to stay in my collection. :-)

Originally Posted by Parrothead
One of the first quilts I repaired was the Ocean Wave my daughter has that my Grandmother made. I removed the worn triangle and replaced it by whipstitching a new piece and then quilting the new piece. I have this quilts twin, my Grandmother often made 2 quilts alike. One for my sister and on for me. Mine has never been used and I need to sew down the binding.
We are not concerned with value, we want to be able to use and wash our quilts so that is why I repaired it the way I did.