Old 03-27-2011, 11:53 AM
Great-great granny
Banned

Originally Posted by alaskasunshine
This is my last 2 pix. This is my ceiling under construction as DH puts in 9 recessed cans to brighten my room. Woo Hoo!! This will be wonderful. If you all want to see my big board (for on top of my ironing board) he built please let me know that too!
Thanks for all the encouragement to get this posted, I hope this is helpful and if you need any more help I am just a plane away. I am just itching to be somewhere warm. :lol:
Warmly,
alaskasunshine :-D :-D :-D
WOW is the only word I can think of - in 1st pic, thought you had a quilt store!!! Your quilt room/area is WONDERFUL. You are fortunate to have a DH that see the importance of quilting to you & is so good about helping you with it. I'm 77 & don't think I've used that much material in over 20 yrs of quilting. (I started late in life) Of course guess you need A LOT of quilts, living in Alaska ;-)

Now that it has been nearly a yr. since you posted this, I have a ??? I didn't see on here (I might have missed thou).

Has the lighting had any effect on fading the exposed material? I've had folded fabric in stacks on some shelves, that over time ended up being faded across the fold part. How do you prevent this with all the nice lighting your DH installed for you?

Thanks for sharing your great ideas - have a blessed day