Old 03-27-2011, 01:14 PM
BellaBoo
Power Poster

I have this machine. I was very frustrated with the thread cutter cutting my thread too short. The top thread would pop right out of the needle. The unknowledgable dealer (now bankrupt) was no help at all. I quit using the thread cutter. Then one poster here told me to not thread through the three thread guide holes at the top of the machine, only use one, and no more short thread when using the cutter for me! The bobbin thread being short never bothered me, it doesn't hinder my sewing at all. I have to make sure the bobbin is in the case unwinding the right way and that makes a big difference in how it cuts too.

I cannot figure out how to use the needle threader! I gave up on that for good. Oh I found that this set of feet and the 5mm makes a perfect scant 1/4" seam for piecing. I have no idea why it isn't sold as the perfect 1/4" foot, I'd never have bought it for the purpose it's sold for. A friend bought a box of Brother feet at auction (from bankrupt dealer inventory) and gave me a set of these. I would have bought it at full price had I known about it. http://www.brother-usa.com/Homesewin...essoryID=SA170

This machine is great for FMQ.