View Single Post
Old 03-27-2011, 04:19 PM
knlsmith

Originally Posted by Jan T
Oh, by the way, the bottom of the quilt should be pinned to the bottom rail in the picture. You will get a much straighter result. Batting in between the layers just hangs, but both top and bottom of the front and back of the quilt should be anchored. I knowm, I know, lots of rolling and pinning. The results will show it is worth it.
The backing was pinned, and I floated the top so I basted as I went. I was still setting up when I took the pic. I like floating the top. My instructor showed us both ways.

The feathers are freehand but not without help from a great book, Hooked on Feathers. I have been cleaning out closets this weekend and can't find it right now to give the author, but I think it is Sally Terry. I am still working on the heirloom/traditional feathers.

I do have one tip, when buying quilting yardage (42 inches wide) I need to start buying a little more because I only had just under 4" on the sides for my clamps, another thing I will be upgrading.

Thank you everyone for looking, I really appreciate the help I get from this board. It's like a little (big) family. :)