View Single Post
Old 03-27-2011, 04:21 PM
gramarraine

Originally Posted by aberi
I do accounting for a charity called the pride community in my city.. They were looking for fund raisers for their main event they have every summer..... When I saw the Ribbon of Hope for Breast Cancer pattern. The wheels started turning .... I approached them and told them I could help them out by making this quilt in their colours.. The colours for Pride are a Rainbow.. I just love the colours... I finished piecing it and have to pick out a back for it and then send it off to the quilter. Since it will be displayed I wouldn't even try to attempt to quilt this....I hope it helps them raise some funds this summer...I have been humbled by being the "straight person" in a group of people who have been through so much in their lives.. I only hope it does them justice... It took me 42 hours to piece the top, but it sure felt like a great accomplishment for me( especially since this is only the 3rd quilt I have ever made.. The quilter was very pleased that the measurements came out almost exactly to the pattern size and that it measured correctly...\
Very well done.