Thread: My sewing space
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2011, 05:46 PM
bisseau

Last fall my husband and 2 sons renovated an old shed in our backyard ....just for me. The room is 16' x 26' with 2 lofts (for storage) on either side of room. I painted the walls a shade lighter than daffadils and the trim white. The space got totally rewired, insulated, new floor, new lights, etc. Believe it or not, almost all of the furniture got dragged out of the house or barn (leftovers from the kids rooms, parents, etc.). The TV (good only for movies, not hooked up to cable) is there because my husband got a plasma. I did buy a dropped leaf table from a resale shop (opens 5'x5'). I reupholster furniture as a hobby, crochet afghans (frenzied sometimes) and now quilt.
I love fabrics. Most fabric I buy on ebay (esp upholstery fabrics), some at shops.

I was spread out over 3 rooms upstairs and reupholstered furniture in the living room. Now my upstairs has lovely guest rooms again and I reclaimed my living room.

I love this space...so peaceful, so inviting, etc.
I'm so grateful that my men did this for me, so that I could have my own wonderful retreat.

I have lots of pics.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-176139.jpe   attachment-176140.jpe   attachment-176141.jpe   attachment-176142.jpe   attachment-176143.jpe  

attachment-176144.jpe   attachment-176145.jpe   attachment-176146.jpe   attachment-176147.jpe   attachment-176149.jpe