Thread: Quilt curtain!
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2009, 09:24 AM
k3n
Power Poster

I wanted to make a curtain to pull across our front door in winter at night. It's single glazed and really drafty. We do have wooden shutters on the outside but we don't close them completely because of the cat door - Barney Boy has to be able to get in or out or he'll start yellin' at 3am!

I was looking at curtain fabric this weekend with DH but didn't really like anything I saw - all too boring! I said to DH this is probably because I make quilts and can't stand to see something made of only one fabric! :D So he suggested making a 'quilt' to use as a curtain; I think it could work if I used a really lightweight batting. Has anyone done anything like this? If so I'd love to hear how you made it, would you do it the width of the opening or one and a half times, like with a normal curtain, so you get some pleats when it hangs? And how would you attach it to the curtain rod?

I'd be grateful for any thoughts or opinions; I think I'll go ahead and do it even if you all say it won't work, because now I've got a bee in my bonnet!! But maybe ypou've got tips or ideas to share?

Anyhow, if it doesn't work I can always use it as a quilt! :wink:

K x