Old 03-28-2011, 05:22 AM
LindaR

Originally Posted by brenda21
Originally Posted by LindaR
I agree with creative's comments about all levels of sewing and have loved everything I've gotten in the swaps I have joined. My only comment is that someone who sews 2 squares together and stuffs them and calls it a pincushion is somehow cheating. So many people put so much work in these. Its on their conscience not the receivers...in MHO and will shut up now. LOL
I collect pincushions and have some that are very elaborate....I also have some that I guess would be considered 2 squares of fabric sewn together and stuffed. I love and appreciate them just as much as the elaborately detailed ones. It's the thought that a person made something for me and gave of their time and materials...and some of them weren't even made for me...I purchased them because I thought they were adorable...I happen to be one of those people who isn't quite as creative as some others may be, and these type of comments are actually why I stopped participating in some types of swaps...IMHO
Brenda, do you really think I would term these "two squares sewn together"... very nice and sorry if I offended you. :thumbdown: