View Single Post
Old 03-28-2011, 05:43 AM
feline fanatic
Power Poster

Originally Posted by gaigai
Nope! Stash is like toilet paper. If there are less than ten mega rolls in the house, it's time to go shopping. The object of stash isn't to use it up, it's just to have enough of it.
Absloutely ROFLMA, we were cut from the same cloth gaigai, especially the TP bit. I am the same way with my freezer too. It seems as soon as a bit of room opens up in there I find a sale to fill it up!

I am making a concerted effort to shop my stash. I am having great fun right now with all my batiks making additional blocks to go with the ones I got in the batik block swap I participated in last year. Sometimes things you think don't go together suddenly do once you get it pieced and laid out.

I also have yardage in my stash dedicated to future projects. That stuff is seperated out. Often I will stash build and come home with my new acquistions and immediately go to my stash and see what I have that may compliment or coordinate with the new purchase. If I do, I set those items aside for a to be determined future WIP. However, once I clear space in my stash dresser it is like giving myself permission to go shopping again, just like my freezer!