Thread: quilting batiks
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2009, 01:47 PM
kd124

Originally Posted by quiltease
I have the first generation Inspira frame. It's obvious why they changed the whole thing. Vibration is a problem, even after my boyfriend put more screws and nuts and whatevers everywhere. The pantographs are placed on a shelf above the frame, which I LOVE (don't need my glasses to see) BUT the center of the shelf (which is in two pieces) gets pulled down by gravity until it's so low that it hits the machine. I've braced it with muffin tins, rulers, a long plank of wood, you name it. I purchased it with the Pfaff, and splurged on the stitch regulator.
Again, thank you for all the help. I'll let you all know tomorrow whether it worked or whether I'm going to have to quilt around the batiks. Yikes!
top smells "April Fresh". Looks like I'll have to wash it once it's quilted.
bev.
I use the same set up as you. Make sure it is leveled exactly. Measure both ends front and back. (along the top of the part where the wheels run. Even if you did it during set up, it may have been accidently moved. Even the slightest amount makes a difference. This happened to us. My sis measured, measured and remeasured until we had every area on the lower part of the fame level. Do you have anything on the top shelf other than the pantograph? If so remove it. The only time we had a problem with the shelf was when we had some stuff that had been put up there between quiltings. We never used the pantos, so I don't know how that would affect.

As for the batiks, we had problems with that as well. Some were fine and others caused problems. What Shelly said about the batiks is true. If you have a piece that you can put on the frame, with scrap batting and backing, you can experiment to see what works best.