Old 03-28-2011, 06:43 AM
MarieM

Originally Posted by cabbagepatchkid
Originally Posted by chergram
hello this may be off the subject I am new here really do not know how to post message so just do reply I am still looking for a singer feather weight machine i think it is 221 I need one that does not weigh a ton been watching on ebay they have but way out of my price range I want it for my quilting not just to collect so would need one that sews though i had found one on ebay but wwhen i read the buyers statement she said it did not sew should have guessed at the price she was asking any way glad i found this group Evelyn
Hi Evelyn and welcome! I have found some good deals on my local Craigslist. Another thing that you could think about is to think beyond a Featherweight. Singer 301 is the bigger sister to the FW but is still light enough to carry around plus it has a nice carrying handle on top. I like them so much that I now have 7 :shock: of them. A bonus is that they come in 3 different colors....black, mocha and two tone beige.
There is a beige 301 at a local thrift store, in a cabinet. Not sure if it sews or not. What would be a good price if it does sew?