Old 03-28-2011, 10:01 AM
JeanieG

Originally Posted by Qbird
Originally Posted by auntjo
Great idea - I kind of hesitated to put my pic of my sashing choice in the blocks pages last week, as there was no ohter place to do that as we have started discussing this part of the process a lot lately...

I spent last weekend adding my sashing to the 1st 68 blocks I had completed, and making the in between diagonal sashing strips following the suggested layout in the book for the queen size quilt. So far don't see that I'm going to want to change much around, seems to be working colorwise. It's kind of fun to have this framework up on the design wall to put each of the new blocks into & see the added dimensions as it all comes together.

Sorry can't get a full picture, but right now my Lizzie is set up in front of the design wall...
How did you start out? did you sew sashing to the sides first and then sew a long row of sashing together to put them together? this should be a challenge for me, your blocks look really great with the sashing.
I found this most helpful information and it is what I used to put mine together:

http://www.synthcom.com/~val/Quilts/Tutorials/AddingSashing.html

Hope it helps you out!