View Single Post
Old 03-28-2011, 10:33 AM
cbuchanan

Originally Posted by Patticake
What I do is sew 5/8ths of an inch from the seam for the pattern out toward the corner then cut off the triangles and throw them in a zip lock. Once the quilt is done I decide if I want to use them right away, put them away for later, or stick them in a box of scraps. The box of scraps, when full, is sealed and I post on this board under Free Offers and Donations.
To find this page, go to home at the top of any posting; select the "All Sections" at the bottom of the list, change the notation on those you want to see to Subscribe and then you can post that you have a box of scraps for free. If you want to have the recipient pay for postage, just make sure you say that in your post.
The hardest part for me is deciding who to send the box to as I usually get several immediate responses. I feel better about not wasting fabric (because I used to toss the scraps in the garbage) and I get to share with someone on this board who loves to use little scraps. With the price of fabric continuing to rise, I like to feel like I’m using all of it for something good.
:lol:
Remember Me!! Remember me! I love those little HST for my mini's and borders. wish I could catch your post of Free/Donations. I'm always watching but never see anything in time.