View Single Post
Old 02-22-2009, 06:26 PM
VickiM

Thanks for the nice comments to all of you. The time from mid-Dec. till about now is always a fun time for me, cuz it's a time that I can do whatever I feel like and not cram for craftshows. I will have to slow down for a couple months now, as I have other things on my plate right now. I don't work anymore so I am in the craftroom most days.

I have my 12 year old granddaughter over for a weekend about every 3 months...here are some pics for you. This is the very first thing she made. Small enough that I could teach her several different things. This took her a couple weekends to do. This is a foundation flip & sew that we made into a pillow. I made up the ruffle, showed her how to pin it on and she sewed up the pillow after making the front and back (Grandma did the embroidery), she stuffed it and hand sewed it shut. She was 10 1/2 at the time. She learned how to quilt in the ditch also on it. Her Auntie in N.C. gave her a quilt journal when she heard I was going to start teaching her, and everytime we have a sewing weekend she writes in it. I also made her a notebook that has a picture area, note area, and pattern area in it...she keeps that up too. I think she takes after grandma and auntie...her mom can hardly sew a button on (has no urge to learn to sew...she says, "why should I? I have you and you and you're teaching Kaelyn"). She & we were very proud of her.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-31312.jpe   attachment-31314.jpe   attachment-31315.jpe