Thread: The long cut
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2007, 04:44 PM
amma
Power Poster

Dear Dr. Tim,
Every morning up on waking, I pour my coffee and sit at my sewing table and discuss with my singer our plans for the day. After pouring my second cup I go to the computer and spend and hour or two discussing quilting with other others who also enjoy this craft. The whole time that I am on the computer, I find my eyes drawn to my sewing machine, sitting there forlorn, alone, longing to be used…. I feel tremendous guilt for leaving it unattended. So, I cut my time short in the chat room to go to my machine… I lovingly dust it off and sit down and start sewing, a sense of peace and calm settles over me. But then, I glance over to the table, and there is my cutting mat, fabric and rotary cutter…. They look so lonely, wanting to do what they were made to do….so sad that they are being ignored. Now I am torn between the two, do I cut out more pieces, do I sew more pieces together, if only I had two more hands and arms! Oh no, now the fabric stash has got my attention….it is calling out to me, “come look at us, take us out, do not ignore us!” My memo board catches my attention, all the clippings and sketches staring back at me. Now what, I think as my computer dings… new emails, a sale at a quilting website, more fabric, threads, notions, I want to see what they have on sale, here is one on more free patterns, this one has pictures, another with instructions, but I need to quilt, I need to cut out fabric, I need to check my stash, write down more ideas…. Oh Dr. Tim, What Should I Do?????