View Single Post
Old 03-28-2011, 02:26 PM
Barbm

here's when you have it real bad-

car shopping-

I can afford a 2011 Cadillac SRX4. (I have done the mini van route, the duct tape and rope between the back doors with my arm across the back of my seat to put pressure on the rope so the doors don't fly open 'cause they froze when the kids got out at day care, the car that lasted 17 years and through 6 kids learning to drive, etc.- I DESERVE a new car!)

So hubby and son and I are walking around local dealer lot- I wear jeans from Wal-Mart, shoes from K-Mart, sweater $12- Wal-Mart, coat- too big, but was on clearance at Eddie Bauer. I don't look like I can afford a Cadillac. I have the cheapest cell phone- free, 4 years ago. Hair is not curled, it is Sat.- I pulled it back in a hair clip. I do have on make up and contacts and will never leave the house without a shower.

Anyway- I narrow it down to 2 cars. Sales guy gets me ticked off- guess he thought I couldn't buy this car. Keeps pushing lease and his financing. I say no- purchase and my credit union. So I say- I have never paid full price for anything and I will not start now and you don't want my money and besides its money I was saving for a long arm (hubby shoots me a glance, like, OMG she's serious she wants one of those!) so I'm going now. Thought hubby and son were going to die- son says- are you really going to walk away? The guy is behind me- I say yes- I can use my money for a long arm.

So a car or a long arm.... hmmm....