Old 02-23-2009, 11:38 AM
key4unc

The kittie blocks and the red/yellow triangle strips at the top and bottom were left over from previous projects. Then last year I went to the North Carolina Quilt Symposium and took a class with Judi Gunter called "circle gets the square". These squares are not from that class since I didn't like the ones I made in class and gave them to Judi to show her future students what NOT to do :lol: So I made new ones at home but only from my stash. The multi-color stripe has been in my stash for years and I finally used the last of it. I still have enough of the fabric that I used on the balls to piece a backing for this. And I'm determined to find something in my stash that I can use for the binding. I think I can even find a piece of leftover batting big enough to use with this. So this will be the first time in my 20 years of quilting that I will have made a quilt from start to finish without buying anything new. :P :P I call it "Time-Out Kitties" because when I showed this on another forum, one of the ladies said the kitties wanted to get out of their cages and play with the balls.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-31368.jpe