View Single Post
Old 03-28-2011, 07:58 PM
QuiltswithConvicts

Well, if you're interested some of us were talking about doing The Little Brown Bird. I wasn't all that gung ho, until today as I now have a copy of it!!!!! OMG, it is beautiful! Blocks are 8" and the setting is something else. Think of AOTH as a training ground in applique AND embroidery for LBB. Just might consider freezer paper applique for it, though some of the pieces are teeny. Will have to see. I still have a long way to go on AOTH, even though I have the center almost finished.

BTW, glad you understood what I was talking about on the QAYG method. I haven't refered anyone here to it as the one picture that helps you see what's going on is not of the blocks she was using all along, so you really can't tell what she did. I took a workshop on these reversible quilts several years ago, but can't find the handouts to save my life. I love the way you put this all together and when the block is done, so are you!

Because this is a wall hanging, I'm not worried about stitching the edges of the battings together. Didn't do it on the 2 quilts I made my BFF's kiddos either & they're still holding up. These are at least 5 years old, maybe older - can't remember. Darn CRS!