View Single Post
Old 03-29-2011, 03:37 AM
kaykwilts

Dear Friends:

I was given a Featherweight for Christmas this last year. I had been shopping with my daughters for our "annual Christmas Shopping Fun Day" and found it at a thrift store we went into. I drooled and fumed...I couldn't justify spending my Christmas money on myself...so I walked away. On Christmas day, it was the final gift of the day presented (all ten of the children made a big production of the presentation :D ......and yes, I said ten...yes I have ten children...all mine...all from one marriage...no twins :P (those are the most common questions I get..and their answers 8-) 8-) ))

ok...but back to the topic here!!!!! I was messing around last night (she sews like a dream) and noticed a small metal decal on the machine that said "1851-1951 100 yrs of sewing" Does this mean that my Featherweight was produced as a 100 yr celebration piece???? :!: :!:

I mean, I was just wondering....ya'll here have made me so aware of looking closely at what I have, now I can't wait to dig out all the other Singers I have collected and really look at them closely.

Anyway, any information would be appreciated ;) ;)