View Single Post
Old 03-29-2011, 03:38 AM
grann of 6

Originally Posted by june6995
A friend asked for help. She does hand quilting and assembled some embroidered blocks into a quilt as per customer's request. Did the hand quilting and bound the quilt. The customer was thrilled.....until she put it on the Queen size bed.
It did not fit! She wants 8 inches added to each side.

How would you solve this problem? Would the strip added to each side have to be 3 layers? and quilted. Would you remove the binding? or would you find another way to attach it to the quilt. The owner is buying fabric to make the extensions.

My solution was to tell the customer to make a dust ruffle to tuck between the mattress and box springs. Perhaps there is another solution.

Ok, let's hear your solution to this problem.

June in Cincinnati
for Joyce in Missouri
I just made a pinwheel quilt for my daughter's MIL (also my good friend). She saw the quilt top and said how big it looked, that she didn't want it down to the floor. Later she told me the bed was a full size. So I took a row off the side and shortened it. Added borders, quilted it, took it to her, laid it on the bed and it is too narrow. Barely hangs over the edge. She said maybe I could add on to it. I told her, "Live with it. It ain't getting enlarged". Turned out the bed IS queen size. Oh well, live and learn. I told her to put it under her other blanket.