View Single Post
Old 03-29-2011, 06:33 AM
LovingIzabella

Hello everyone,
Well I have a huge decision I need to make at some point. When we bought our home we had fabulous neighbors and the neighborhood was pretty good. Within 4 years the neighbors moved out and new ones moved in whom shall we say are not the best on either side :-(
Hubby and I want a home with more property that will give us space and more privacy so we are looking north. There are a few issues with this-we put a lot of money in to our home-new roof, new deck, new sliding glass doors, new furnace, completely renovated basement, renovated every room in the house, new electric service...I do not want to have to do all of that over (plus we could not afford to). Another issue is that I already commute an hour one way to work....not sure how much further I want to commute before it becomes draining. I love what I do so leaving my career is not really an option.
I also fear some day with my illness I won't be able to work so having a home that is in an area where taxes are less than we pay now could be beneficial.
The last issue I have is my daughter was born here and her favorite dog is buried here....do I want to leave those memories behind?
Have you found moving to a "better" space good for you? I'm a bit torn...any help/advice/guidance or opinions would be greatly appreciated.
Hugs
April