View Single Post
Old 03-29-2011, 07:10 AM
QuiltnCowgirl

Originally Posted by redturtle
ok...guess i will pass on the white ones...

i kinda like the looks of the black ones better anyway...

i didnt even think about craigslist...duh!

i will def keep my eye open...there are a ton of 221 listed on ebay...so might be posting another couple links...
Don't necessarily pass entirely on one of the older white Featherweights. They are not as common as the black ones, and would be a sweet find. And actually the one on e-bay looks to be in good shape with its case & accessories, not a bad deal. Of course as others said, the auction has 5 days to go so the price could really go up by the end. Just keep your eye out & check all sources. E-bay, Craigslist, shopgoodwill.com. Post a ISO (in search of) in the classified section here. There's even some FW for sale here once in a while. PM Billy (Lostn51), our resident vintage machine guru. He may be able to help you find one.

Hope you find one. They are sweet little machines that run & run & run. I've had my 1947 model since I was 12 years old. Which means it was already 26 when I got it, 65 now. It still runs just as good as the day I got it, and probably the day it came off the factory line. I love using mine for quilting classes. Easy to lug around, doesn't take up too much room on already crowded classroom tables. And it gets oohs & aahs. :)