View Single Post
Old 02-23-2009, 07:34 PM
Mousie
Power Poster

[quote=2wheelwoman]I got to wondering about the oofdah word, so I tried finding definitions of it on-line. I found one that equated to WOW - like UFFDAH, look at that beautiful crazy quilting. Another said it was like being hungover on a weekday, or said after eating a large meal. I like the first one the best.

My own foray into foreign languages was about 35 years ago. A friend taught me what she said was "Shut Up" in Italian. I worked with an Italian who had a major anger-managent problem, and I thought it might come in handy. I think it was pronounced: matsata alafatch or something similar. One day he was being a real jerk and I yelled it at him, and he stopped mid-word, looked at me, and asked why I had just called him a Cheese Face. :oops: So much for my foreign languages.

:D :-o :D

thanks for looking that up, although it is pam's word, not mine...but think i may borrow it sometimes :wink: that is so funny about the cheese face...i thought he was going to tell you it was some profanity or something. it stopped him in mid-jerk though, didn't it?

slyghfox, your colors in your quilt are great...you'll have to forgive me. I get easily sidetracked at times. I am going to do some crazy quilting and hope to learn how to use the silk ribbons I bought online to do some of that on it. I'm a hometown girl who just doesn't have the money for an expensive embroidery machine when I can do it myself.
so it won't look as good, i'm not entering any contests, lol.
i'm not fooling myself, my stuff will never be perfect, but that's ok, I do this bc I love it.