View Single Post
Old 03-29-2011, 07:40 AM
LovingIzabella

You all bring up very valid points and I so appreciate the input...more than you know. We have contemplated it for some time but sadly with the economy the way it is there is no way we will make back what we put in to the home. We could get more than we owe but wouldn't walk away with a huge amount to do anything in a new home.
To move closer to where I work is definitely not an option. The taxes go WAY up the closer I go to my job. My job is located about 40 minutes north of Manhattan. The taxes in this area range from about $14,000 to about $40,000 per year :shock:
Our neighbors really are not people you want to be next too...the value of our home I am sure will go down considerably the longer we stay here because they do base it on the homes around your home for appeal. They do no home maintenance or upkeep, no flowers....I won't go on and on but truly not people I want to live next to forever. Thye can be friendly enough but....
As far as doctors go my husband and I already travel an hour and a half to see them so the area we are looking in would actually be closer to them.
I am also contemplating the old buy land and build.....not sure I want to take on two mortgages though due to my illness.
It really is a tough decision and I really do appreciate all of your thoughtfulness and guidance! Thank you!
Hugs
April