View Single Post
Old 03-29-2011, 08:44 AM
charity-crafter

Originally Posted by Zoe
This is why I never do quilts for friends. Misunderstanding of the work and time involved in creating a quilt by many people leads to hurt feelings. ..... To which my friend replied "I'm not paying for this"!

That's right she wanted all this for free. At which point we no longer discuss quilts or their creation. :roll:
It amazing what people think. I make a lot of quilts for charity, get a lot of fabric from the group to make these quilts. It's not my fabric, it fabric that was given for the express purpose to make quilts for this organization.

A friend visited me and wanted me to make quilts for her family, "but you have all this fabric...why won't you make one for me?" I explain the charity aspect and then I get "good, they won't notice if you make something for me" I explained they go to sick children at the hospital. "Well, my daughter is sick,"

Finally I told her that once she is in the hospital for weeks on end fighting for her life, then she'll get a quilt. Funny, but my friend was offended. Please running a fever is not the same as cancer. Honestly, it's amazing the lack of integrity some people have. I told her to buy the fabric and I'd show her how to make something. She said, "why would I do that? why can't I just use yours?" :shock: