View Single Post
Old 03-29-2011, 03:06 PM
Lv2sew2011

Originally Posted by Jojesek
Originally Posted by cjomomma
I have to tell this story.
DD and I went to Walmart one day. As we got out of the van the first thing I noticed was an elderly lady get out of her car and I noticed she was having a difficult time. She walked around her car holding on to the car and she nearly fell a couple of times. I noticed that she kept looking around. So when I got up to her I asked if she needed help to get in the store. Her response was YES, I was looking for a buggy (cart) to use. She also said I wish they would leave a few carts near the handy cap parking spaces. People like me need them.
I just wanted to throw this out there but not as an argument for leaving a cart in the lot for being too lazy. But only as an experience I had.
I don't want to appear cold or unsympathetic but if someone is that frail should they be driving. We told my Mother-in-law she had to give up her car when she became so frail that we were concerned she would not be able to move fast enough to brake quickly or swerve at the last minute. Just saying.
Does she have family or friends near by so she can get help? Does she still need to eat, don't know of many stores that delivers any more, if the DMV let her renew her license maybe they fill like she can still take care of herself...No one knows the circumstances of the lady...And maybe she needs to just take of herself! maybe she just got hurt reason she was having problems..no one knows!