Thread: Word of caution
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2011, 10:33 PM
Sandee

Thanks! The other day I got a DVD of quilting stuff in the mail that I didn't order. I think it probably came from something I clicked on. Can't remember how much it was supposed to cost but I sent it back & told them if I got any more I would consider it a gift since I didn't order it.

Also, keep an eye on your phone bills. AT&T allows 3rd parties to bill you for things you didn't order on your phone bill. They told me they can't stop it but will refund the money. It happened to me 3 times. When I called the 3rd party company, it turned out to be a scam thing from Arizona. The place has a huge office building & a hundred different company names they bill under and a website stating if you're a lawyer call this #, if you are law enforcement call this #, etc.. They say you ordered fax service so that you can fax through your computer without a fax machine. It happens from clicking on something & I'm not sure what. AT&T says that the FCC allows it & you even get TAXED on this so called "service".Nothing but a world full of scams these days :(