View Single Post
Old 03-30-2011, 03:38 AM
olebat

Monday, I visited a new store in the Atlanta area. There was one gondola fully stocked with pegged fabrics; one and two yard mini bolts, fat quarters and bundles, and jelly rolls. I thought the quality of the mini bolts was grainy, had a lousy hand, and a limited selection. I tend to shop around. I get a lot of better fabrics from Walmarts as I travel. (Better of Walmart selection.) Much of this is resold to my 4-H students. The mid grade stuff from JoAnns, Hobby Lobby and the like are personal fun stuff, and the LQS for special gifts and shows. Need dictates quality.

While waiting for the QB digest to pop up this morning, I paid a visit to walmart.com I went to the needle arts section and was amazed at all the wonderful things I found there. You can order on line, and pick up at your local store to avoid delivery charges. Quilters rulers, left handed pinking sheers and rotary cutters, needle felting supplies, lap frames, ruler stands, and lots more. The site is user friendly and attractive. I don't remember it being this nice in the past.

When I was done browsing, I went to the contact us area and left a complement. Then I went to the section where I could leave comments. Boy, howdy, I gave them my two cents worth. I told them that taking fabric from the stores was a mistake, and this "replacement" was a joke. There is a lot of room to write. I spoke my peace, and still had space. Unfortunately, it gets directed to the local store. I asked them to read, and forward to corporate. It may be years before fabric comes back to Walmarts, but we won't win if our feelings aren't known.