Old 03-30-2011, 05:53 AM
OmaForFour

Thanks for trying to help me out! I did find a place with a conversion kit which is a piece that attaches so that you can use side loading attachments. It won't harm the machine and it can always be changed back to its original. I thought I might try that. Thanks again.

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
Originally Posted by Glenn
Originally Posted by OmaForFour
Billy,

I just got a 1914 Singer Red Eye with the back clamping feet.
I wondered if you would know where I can purchase additional pieces for it such as a quarter inch foot etc etc.
Do they make these for my machine to accomodate the latest type of quilting on a machine if you know what I mean?
I bought a walking foot that I can use on my Featherweight for example.
I hope this pic comes through.
That sure is a nice red eye you have there unfortunately the back clamping attachments are not made anymore and are very hard to find. Sometimes you can find them on ebay and in antique stores. It took me almost two years to find attachments for my red eye. I was lucky some very nice and generous members of this board helped me in finding some. Glenn
I spent a bunch of time online today looking for these (while this board was down ALL DAY!!) and found... nothing. Your best bet might be to buy a whole sewing machine that is in poor condition, but has all the feet with it. A donor machine. My 1908 66 also takes the back clamping feet...