Old 03-30-2011, 07:43 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Hello everyone, I just wanted to take the chance to thank my lovely friend butterflywing who I 'met' cyberly speaking through the QB. She is such a regular and encouraging influence to my work, we exchange emails more or less daily and she does wonders for my self-confidence in my work at every turn.

Not only that, she every now and then sends me the most generous fabric parcels! Her latest included lots of 2-4 yard cuts of tonals (over 30 yards in total) which are just what I need in my stash for borders as I mostly only buy a yard or less at a time! This inspired me to have a sort out of my collection of yardage. There now on the open shelves above where I work, so I can gaze lovingly at them from time to time! :-D The stack on the right are my One Block Wonder fabrics and on the left is the rest. From the shocking pink one (LOVE that!) and upwards are from BFW. A big huge hug and kiss to you my dear friend, and I hope we can meet in person one of these days. :-D
I also include a pic of my bins which are colour coded, the large bins have yard pieces or less and the smaller ones above are my scraps. Just a tad OCD perhaps but I like to be organised! On my desk, you can see the strips from my 'Fandango' design that I'm working on at the moment. :mrgreen: :lol:

My yardage, OBW fabrics on the right, the rest on the left
[ATTACH=CONFIG]177337[/ATTACH]

A close up, from the pink up is from BFW
[ATTACH=CONFIG]177339[/ATTACH]

My colour coordinated bins!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]177340[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-177331.jpe   attachment-177333.jpe   attachment-177334.jpe