View Single Post
Old 03-30-2011, 01:33 PM
Kappy

When you get a top done, how do you figure out what or how you are going to quilt it? How do you determine if you stipple, meander, do feathers etc.? (using a domestic sewing machine) Do you just "see" the design in your head and just quilt, do you draw them out..if so how do you know what to draw! If I sound frustrated, I am! I look at my quilt and wind up "trying" to stitch in the ditch because I can't think of anything else to do. Can you guys help me out here?! I just spent good money on a DVD by Sue Nickles called Successful Machine Quilting on the Home Sewing Machine..don't waste your money, very little "sewing" was actually shown, lots of what thread to use, how to sit correctly , take breaks etc., but not much actual sewing technique, would show her starting then break away and viola she would be at the end...I need to see whats going on in the middle...very visual learner here! I guess what I need is ....here's the space..in this space you could either do a,b,or c and here's how you do it. I really wish they would show you on an actual quilt sized quilt, I know how to practice on the 12 by 12 squares! Sorry to vent so much ,but I can't be the only one with this problem...please...tell me I'm not the only one!!????!! LOL :-(