View Single Post
Old 02-25-2009, 07:48 AM
pittsburgpam

I'm the opposite, I tend to not get enough. I think I messed up on my figuring here anyway. It's hard to count the squares of each so I used a colored dot in Paint and marked each one as I counted each type of floral.

I have 8 charm packs, each pack has 4 each of 4 florals, that's 16 florals per pack x 8 = 128. Each 9 patch block has 4 florals and a center tonal except for the outer ones, that uses a beige in place of one floral.

That's 24 blocks with an extra beige so, 24 of them only need 3 florals. 24x3=72. 24 of the blocks need 4 florals so that's 24x4=96, plus the 72 equals 168. 168 - 128 florals in the charm packs leaves another 40 needed.

I will need 40 5" squares from the border fabric. How did I figure I only needed 16 more?? Heck if I know and I may be wrong this time too!! I guess I'll find out when I put the charms and beiges into sets to sew together. I don't want to think about it anymore right now but if I need that many maybe I'll just order 3 more charm packs! They're $4.95 each so it's not a big deal. Just the annoyance factor... :x