Thread: My New Fabric
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2011, 07:56 PM
goldsberry921

Where in Plano is it?

Originally Posted by quiltykitty
Maybe you quilters in the DFW area already know about this fabric shop, but I just found it today. It is Fabric Fanatics and is in Plano, TX. All batiks and a few blenders. They even have the wide batiks for backing. It is off the beaten path, but not hard to find if one follows directions.

Their batiks are $8.50 per yard, but may have to go up before long. There were many bolts on sale for $6.50 per yard. Do I need to say I spent lots of money? I have been wanting to build a stash of batiks and between this store and Hancock's of Paducah's sale this month, I'm well on my way. I had a hard time selecting which I wanted. More eyecandy batiks than I have ever seen in one place.

I stopped there this morning and then went on to Arlington to conduct some business then home again. Well US 75 was a mess around 2:30 so I took Greenville Ave and decided it was fate. I dropped in at that store again and spent even more money. Here's a link to their website. http://www.fabricfanatics.com/scripts/quiltshop.asp

I have five or six pics to post, so be patient. I also am posting pics of fabric I got in McKinney at the Quilt Asylum. I really did not intend to buy any fabric today.

Now I'm going to go pet my new fabric!

That multicolored fabric in the middle of the first pic is what I went back to get. I saw it on my way out of the store the first time, but needed to get on the road to Arlington. It called me back and enabled me to buy more.