View Single Post
Old 03-30-2011, 08:52 PM
cnolan

OK... here's the "scoop". I am swapping blocks with a fellow quilter here, and I really want to make her some nice blocks. After (literally!!!!) hours of searching online patterns, as well as MANY of my books, I found one that I wanted to try. The problem? It is PP, and I have not done that before. I have watched several tutorials, so I have the general idea, and it seems like I SHOULD be able to do it. Well.... I don't know if it is a mental defect, or a "blonde thing", or just a bad night, but I could NOT get even the first section done! :roll: :thumbdown: First, I started with the fabric wrong side up (I know better!!!). Then, I managed to cut the fabric wrong, so it didn't cover the corner. After a third attempt, my paper shredded almost as badly as my nerves, so I called it quits for a while.

After a cool-down (playing games with my daughter), I did not have the nerve to try PP again yet, but had to do SOMETHING, so here is what I created. I have not sewn the outer rows on yet, as you can see. The narrow yellow strip is "floating" (folded double) and the yellow triangles are folded as well (planning on tacking them down with a bit of a curve to them. The very bottom green is supposed to be more "leaves", but I am really not sure about anything in that outer row.

HELP PLEASE!!!! (and please be honest, even if it is brutal!!)

this is upside down. green is supposed to be on the bottom! LOL
[ATTACH=CONFIG]177669[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-177660.jpe   attachment-177661.jpe   attachment-177663.jpe