View Single Post
Old 03-31-2011, 05:18 AM
ptquilts

Originally Posted by Judie
Originally Posted by marymay
If you failed. Then so did I. It happens more time then I can count.It is better then the husband going to the bathroom in the middle of the night forgetting to put the tolet set down. Then you get up and fall into it. You wake up real fast.Life is so good. :-) being a Mother /Wife.
The last time that happened to me I went back to bed and woke up the offending man.. then I asked if he was awake.. when he replied that he was, I told him what had just happened and that if that ever happened to me again I was going to get a pan of ice water and pour it on him.. then he was going to change the bed after he came down off the ceiling.. and I topped it off with a promise that if he did not believe me then just leave it up again and see. I did not raise my voice at him.. I was very calm, but serious as a heart attack. Then I just turned over and pulled up the covers and went to sleep... at least I acted like I went to sleep. Next morning over coffee I casually asked if he remembered being woke up in the night, he said yes, and I said I just wanted to make sure.. nothing more was ever said, but he has never left it up for me to sit in again. He knows full well that if I say I will do something, I will.
just DH and me in our house - rule is, them that want the seat up, put it up; them that want it down put it down. No one gets treated like royalty or complains about the other person. Very easy to put your hand on the back (tank) side of the toilet in the night and see if the seat is up or the seat and ring.

As an aside, DH has a son who used to spend time at our house. Poor kid came from a background of mom, sis, aunt and GM - he was the only male. I guess he had it so drummed into him to leave the seat down that he always did, I was always wiping up little drips if I used it after him !!