Old 02-26-2009, 06:23 PM
Marcia

Thank you, everyone, for your kind words! I am afraid that I may have unintentionally insulted some of you. If I did, please accept my heartfelt apologies. In no way, shape, or form did I mean to imply that everyone's blocks were to be perfect. I am not perfect and I do not think I have ever made a completely perfect block in my quilting lifetime. I will cherish every single block I get in return for mine. Everyone has done their very best on their blocks and that is all that is asked. I just felt that the blocks I made were not the best I could do. Because these blocks are to be shared with my friends, I wanted them to be the best job I am capable of doing, too.

My husband retired and we moved to Georgia three years ago. In that time I have not made a single friend. I am very lonely. When I found this message board, a whole world opened up to me. The very reason that I was so excited about doing this block exchange was the exact same reason that you all stated. I wanted to have a quilt made with blocks by the friends I have made on this board. I am on this message board every day and I have come to truly care about everyone here. The thought of being able to physically wrap myself in the love that I feel shared here was the driving force behind my desire to join in this block exchange.