Old 03-31-2011, 08:48 PM
maryb44662

Originally Posted by Just-Lee
I was just diagnosed with breast cancer and had my first consult with a battery of people..ugh. I also have stage 4 kidney disease, so I am very worried about going into complete kidney failure, as they say that I will need chemo and radiation due to tumor size. I am a little numb, very scared, and overwhelmed with information overload! For me, being told your fate and having to make a decision right then, is too much. I was there 4 hours and spoke with 8 people. I have no clue what anyone said, except surgery April 6, radiation, and chemo.

So, I have 6 days to make myself a comfy rag quilt and maybe a cancer hat, before I am too sore and tired to accomplish it. Due to all of my other serious medical problems, I will feel very lucky if I can just survive the treatments. I would really love a stiff drink right now....if I drank! lol

Oh well, such is life! There is always someone worse off in the world :)
First you pray a lot. In 1979 I had my first mastectomy and a year of chemo, 1984 the second one, no chemo. I was raising 3 small children alone at the time. I worked every day and took treatments on my lunch hour (I had a wonderful boss) and went back to work each time. It was very hard, but I made it. I prayed to the Lord to let me live long enough for my kids to be grown and on their own. He answered my prayers. That was 32 and 27 years ago. In 2000 (age 27) my baby girl had her first mastectomy and in 2008 the other one. She got through all the chem and radiation just fine. She can't have children, so she and hubby want to adopt a child. Hang in there, you will do fine. My prayers are with you. Take care...Mary