View Single Post
Old 03-31-2011, 11:13 PM
Sadiemae
Power Poster

I am almost afraid to ask, but I really do need help. Please be kind. I have two birds in separate cages and they are definitely naughty birds. I am in the process of trying to figure out how to rehome one of them. We don't have any rescue type organizations and the place where you can adopt dogs and cats doesn't take birds. I can't remember the name of it because it is a private organization. We don't have anything else. Anyway, I think they need to be separated before either one of them can be tamed. Also I can't afford to buy food for both, and I can't afford to have them both groomed. I have a book that I am reading so that I will be able to take care of the grooming. I think they don't see any need for human contact because they have each other. My question is, once I am able to rehome one, What is the best procedure to follow in order to tame the one I keep? I don't appreciate the biting, and I know there has to be a way to show him that he doesn't need to bite. Any ideas and advice you can give me I would appreciate more than you will ever know. Our Cockatiel, Fred, was hand fed and I loved him so much, but he mourned himself to death right after my husband passed. Now I have two that bite, and it is kind of hard to love them when they reach out and cause that much pain. And they scream as loud as they can when the phone rings. I don't know the reason for this, unless it is because it rarely rings.
Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.