View Single Post
Old 04-01-2011, 05:31 AM
dunster
Power Poster

Originally Posted by damaquilts
It has been washed. Since I have a reaction to the chemicals in fabrics everything hits the washer before I even handle it to any great extent.

I think if I go with a solid colour it would be green not a big fan of pink for some reason. My room is green and I really Need to make a quilt for my bed.
I wash everything as soon as it comes in too, except for fabric that I think will eventually become a OBW. However I don't have a reaction to the chemicals, so I can understand why you wash everything. It may be a little harder to get the fabric to align just right, so be sure to take extra time with that step.

I highly recommend the book. It really does have a lot more information than any tutorial.

If you're making a OBW, you won't be using any other fabric in your blocks, but you might want another fabric or two if you're making the hollow cubes. You will probably also want another fabric for inner borders. Stack & whack does use secondary fabrics in the blocks, but it's a completely different (and beautiful) look.

Wow, a OBW for a bed! It will be lovely, in such soft colors. It will take a big design wall to lay the blocks out, which is the reason (I think) that we seldom see OBW's bigger than wall size. That step is the most challenging part of a OBW. It will also take a *lot* of the OBW fabric. Be sure to post it when you're done - can't wait to see it.