View Single Post
Old 04-01-2011, 09:46 AM
Scrap Happy

A dear friend who doesn’t sew surprised me yesterday by giving me her sewing machine. She bought it about 6 years ago and it has been sitting in the box ever since (her & I swap things we don’t use that the other would like, I lost weight and gave her some clothes.) So I’m getting to know him. When I got my little FW in January I had such a time getting her to work right (it was me NOT her.) After spending many, many hours with her, reading the manual, researching on line I was confused. I spoke with my sewing machine repairman on the phone and he gave me tips and I took notes and tried everything. Still I was doing something wrong so I left the sewing room and sat down with DH. He asked how it was going and I told him no luck so far. He got up and went straight to the sewing room, sat down and ran a piece of fabric through her and she sewed perfect for him and she has been happy ever since. I realized that she is a flirt and wanted a man’s touch. Sooo, my little darling has a big brother sewing machine now. Oh, he isn’t a brother sewing machine he’s a Kenmore. I’ll be using him to sew denim. Still have to come up with a name for him. Now I can make a denim rag quilt for DH :-P