View Single Post
Old 04-01-2011, 11:22 AM
DeniseB

Earlier this week I washed two bags and two tote bags that I had made over a year ago. Just wanted to freshen them up. After taking out the bottoms and emptying them checking for pens, coins, etc shaking them to be sure I didn't miss anything, in they went.
Washed in front loader on hand wash cold water for 4 mins. decided to throw them in dryer for 5 mins. to draw out the excess water. Was in kitchen about 10ft from laundry room. After about 3 mins. I heard a click, click, click sound. Went running in to see what was in dryer , pulled one bag and it had INK spots on it ranging from 1/8" to 2 1/2" diameter , pulled out the other 3 and same thing. I was sick............

My gut instict was to just through them away. But I decided I would hang them to dry until DH got home so I could show him.
Well he was just as upset as I was. He immediately went to barn and brought in a huge bucket put 3-4 gallons of water and several scoops of oxy clean in it and proceeded putting the bags in the bucket and started stirring. I explained that thou I appreciate the effort, it was a waste of time these spots were too big. Well we soaked those bags for 2 1/2 days stirring everytime either one of us passed the bucket. He through them in the washer and hoped for the best. Well they came out with some what lighter spots but they were still VERY noticable. We hung them up to dry and figured I would be throughing them out later this week, when I got the courage.

Yesterday, I went to get the bags and looked them over and will wonders never cease....... as the bags had dried the spots grew even fainter, you can't see them unless you know where they are. I plan on using them for everyday. My DH is my Knight in Oxyclean Armour

Just be sure to be extra careful when wahing your bags.

Happy sewing