Old 04-01-2011, 02:02 PM
Gerbie

I need some help please. From all of you who have used photos for your quilts, what fabric do you use for you photos to transfer on to? I am going to make two quilts for Christmas for my two children. I used June Taylors once and the picture was rather stiff, and I don't want these to be stiff. Crafty Bear suggested that those of you who have used photos in your quilts might be able to help and even give a tute on how you did yours.
Sewmom has been very helpful with advice about Bubble Jet so I can make my own sheets. I do not live close to any fabric shop, nearest LQS is 85 miles away, and a Hancock's is 100 miles, that's it. I have checked Connecting Threads, Keepsake Quilting, Jo Ann's, Nancy's Notions and a couple of others for some very soft fabric, with a 200 thread count, in white, but so far I haven't been able to find any. What does everyone else use? I need to find out as soon as possible, so I can get these two quilts started as soon as possible. I want to get them finished and have three others I need to make before Christmas. No pressure at all lol. Any advice and help would be deeply appreciated. Thanks in advance. Gerbie